Seascape Homes and Property Limited Privacy Notice
This page explains how your information will be held about you and how it will be processed by Seascape Homes and Property Limited.
What we do
Seascape Homes & Property Limited is a registered private company who provide accommodation in flats and houses. This includes the allocation of housing, dealing with tenancy issues, collecting rent and carrying out repairs.
Why we collect your personal information:
- Assess your legal right to rent a property in the UK.
- Assess your suitability for the accommodation.
- Manage your tenancy.
- Communicate with you to discuss tenancy related matters.
- Know how we can support you in your tenancy.
- Know whether we are compliant with DDA legislation.
- To check referencing information and to provide tenancy references.
The personal Information we collect and use
We are not permitted to collect information we do not need or will not use. This document covers information you have provided direct to Seascape Homes and Property Limited and information which has been shared with us by other organisations.If we use your personal information for research or analysis, we will always keep your details anonymous.We don’t sell your personal information to anyone else.
The main legislation that provides us with the statutory basis to deliver our services is:
- Housing Act 1985, 1988 and 2005 – housing
- Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 – landlord responsibilities
The above list is not definitive but provides some examples.
The GDPR/DPA conditions we meet
The conditions that we use to process your personal information are:
Public task: The processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law
Legal obligation: The processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
Contract: You have entered a contract with us.
Special category personal information
We also use these additional conditions to process your special category personal information for example:
- Employment, social security or social protection: The processing is necessary for the carrying out of obligations under employment, social security or social protection law
- Public interest: The processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest
- Legal purposes: The processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity.
Who we may share your information with
We use a range of organisations to either store personal information or to help deliver our services to you. Sometimes we have a legal duty to provide your personal information to other organisations, for example the court service or HMRC.
Your information will not be disclosed to any other organisations, except where we are required and allowed to by law.
We may seek your consent if we are able to offer additional services which we believe are of benefit to you. This will be clearly communicated to you. We will only share your details with these organisations if we have your consent. We will not share your information otherwise.
How long will you keep my personal information for?
- If you become a tenant then we will hold a tenancy file for the duration of your tenancy, whilst there are any outstanding monies or claims, and for a period of 6 years after that.
- If you do not become a tenant then we will retain only your name, date of birth and the decision on your application so that we can refer to it if another application is made, for a period of 2 years.
What rights do I have over my personal information held by you?
Seascape Homes & Property Limited are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, Registration No. ZA198144. You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal information that we hold on you. This is called a subject access request.
You have a right to ask us to alter any inaccurate personal information that we hold on you.
Where can I find out more information?
The personal information you provide will be held by Seascape Homes & Property Limited in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. You can find out more about how we look after your personal information at: www.seascapehomesandproperty.co.uk/privacy
For enquiries regarding the conditions set out in this notice relating to how we will use your personal information please contact:
Seascape Homes and Property Ltd
Communities & Environment